– Buffalo weather bites. We’ve had the hottest summer in decades, and I should be grateful, but I need a reprieve. Remind me that I was bitching about muggy nights when I complain about 87″ in 24 hours this winter.
– My father was over today, helping with a very simple home repair type thing, and was waxing poetically about how I’m growing up and discovering life isn’t always what you want. Uh, newsflash Dad, I learned that years ago as a kid when I took care of Grandma, and helped her to the bathroom, I learned that after a financial troubles. Then he made some joke about how chemotherapy could help him lose weight. I know he isn’t aware of my emotional state right now, but sometimes I cannot tolerate shit like that.
– Why can I not find dry grape ginger-ale? Don’t ask me who made it, maybe Schweppes, but it was purple and delicious. I can still find raspberry, but that doesn’t cut it. It’s been gone for years, but really now I want to drink it. Although, getting anything like that involves going to a grocery store, which I avoid at all costs.
– I cannot sleep and laying in bed causes me to be extremely uncomfortable. I have a lump on my rib area, under my breast, and laying on my side hurts. It’s been here a few weeks, but now it hurts. I know I have to go get checked out. Can I admit that the impending loss of insurance has sent me into a panic that it’s something horrible. Do people who’ve never even flirted with disease get this worked up over every weird bump, lump and symptom?
– How long can someone survive on very little sleep before they absolutely crash?